Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Black humor....

In trying to decide on something I found humorous that pertains to my own life, I had great troubles in deciding. However, there's always something in the back of the minds of many people that we can all relate to. That one thing, is our favorite movies. I cant really place an emphasis on my favorite movie of all time, but I can place an emphasis on a movie which makes me laugh no matter how many times it can be re-played. Diary of a Mad Black Woman has to be one my all time favorite movies when it comes to humor. The humor provided throughout the movie tends to find its roots in the many discriminating stereotypes of Blacks in today's society. That being said, I love black people. Especially when the black humor is soo far fetched into Black people making fun of their own race. Tyler Perry is very good at making fun of his own race, while intermixing other stereotypes in with his plays and movies. In his play-writes and movies, Perry's main character "Madea", happens to be Perry himself, dressed as an older black woman. Though I do not dress as an older black or white woman for the matter, I have been told by many that I am black on the inside for some odd reason. The interesting thing is...it fits. Personally, I enjoy many Negro Spirituals and that good ole' southern Gospel singing. After all, us white folks aint got nothin' on them black churches when it comes to singin'. Also provided in Diary of a Mad Black Woman is the typical stereotype of the Ghet-to! The stereotypes of the black ghettos of Atlanta provide many funny jokes and opportunities for laughter throughout the movie. I enjoy the black humor and stereotypes in this movie simply because we can all relate to the stereotypes in todays world, and the fact that this movie provides an atmosphere where stereotypes are "ok."

No comments:

Post a Comment