Friday, April 16, 2010

What the F@#k...a clean comedian...REALLY?

WOW!! There is so much stand-up comedy in cyberworld. I came to realize that each comedy act I watched (and there was a bunch) had it's own personal touch. Each comedian had a different approach, different moves and different skit. I learned that the word fuck means so much more than I ever imagined. :) It truly made my head hurt...fuck, shit, damn, hell, fuck, shit, damn, hell etc... I had a difficult time finding a "clean" (and I don't mean showered) female comedian that made me laugh. For this blog I chose Anjelah Johnson. I chose her because she was clean and funny and female. She is native American and Latino mixed. Angela was born in California and raised in a large poor family. She has overcome many obstacles in her life. Anjelah has hit over a million visits to her utube video "nail salon". Johnson had her big break on MADTv where she earned an ALMA award for her performances as Bon Qui Qui. She is currently doing voice overs in cartoons and traveling the globe with her stand-up. Anjelah made me laugh with her comedic skits of everyday real life events.
Anjelah comes out on stage dressed casual and fun. She makes fun of her name, Anjelah Nicole Johnson as not being a traditional Mexican name. She has a great way of poking fun at Mexican family stereotypes...because she can. Anjelah Johnson does her famous nail salon skit. It's a skit that everyone can relate to. Her comedy approach is a double conversation with herself and a bucket full of race stereotypes. She has a wonderful way of making the nail salon bit so real. Her skits are true to everyday life and she didn't have to fuck, shit, damn or hell in the approach. :) It's refreshing to see a female have some respect and virtue in the public eye.
Anjelah Johnson is creative and entertaining. Her comedy style has earned her awards and recognition throughout the world. She continues building her career with clean comedic acts. I enjoyed watching her clips and I even utubed MadTv for "Bon QuiQui".

Her words made me laugh and I hope you enjoy the clip below as much as I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baDJ-ZIvYy0

No comments:

Post a Comment