Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The DJ's on a Yacht

While thinking about something humorous that has happened in my life, I kept thinking about all the embarrassing moments that were absolutely horrifying at that time, but are now some of the funniest moments I can remember. I was trying to think about what some of my favorite clips are from some funny movies or TV series, and finally I came up with one that relates to my personal life. I thought about a clip from the movie Dumb and Dumber. Dumb and Dumber isn’t really one of my favorite movies that I watch over and over again, but one scene stuck out to me and when I thought about how it could relate to me in my own life, I started laughing and knew it was perfect. In one particular scene, Lloyd slips turbo lax into Harry’s drink before he is supposed to meet Mary at her house. On the drive over, his stomach begins to make strange gurgling noises, and he realizes the fact that he is about to have an explosion. Once he gets to her house, and slips into the bathroom and has, what my family calls it, an “ass-plosion” or the "DJ's" (deucy juicy). After he has experiences some violent action on the toilet, Mary knocks on the door and informs him that the toilet is not working properly. He is mortified and tries desperately to think of everything he can to fix the toilet. I personally experienced an incident very similar to this. My father lives on an island called Isle of Palms which is fifteen minutes away from Charleston in South Carolina. While visiting him for a week one summer in middle school, we were invited to party on one of his friend’s yachts. We were all having a great time on his yacht and had a great dinner, then suddenly it was interrupted by my stomach making some obscene and obnoxious gurgling noises. Attempting to be sly and nonchalant, I slipped away unnoticed and hid in a bathroom on the boat. Minutes later, I heard a knock on the door and the sound of my father’s familiar voice saying “Matt, are you ok? I hope you’re not using the toilet, it’s broken and won’t flush.” I was absolutely horrified. I immediately felt my heart sink out of my butt along with everything else and my face turn bright red. I opened the door and revealed to him what had happened. Thinking back on it now, I can’t help but laugh at myself and the complete misfortune I had, but at the time I was completely embarrassed and had no idea what to do. The worst part about the whole unfortunate incident was the fact that it was on a yacht.

The link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7GoswzefcY

No comments:

Post a Comment