Tuesday, April 27, 2010

T.K. and Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUaElKQOTSc&feature=related

I have been an active outdoorsman pretty much since the day I learned how to walk. I was the kid that was wandering around looking for stuff to get into. As I grew older, I was introduced into some activities in the outdoors that were a little more involved. In my younger years I would stand on the dock at the pond for hours trying to catch fish with someone holding my shirt to keep me from jumping into the pond with the fish. As the years went on I started tagging along with the grown ups of the family on deer and turkey hunting trips. When I became of age, I began carrying a gun and I was the one getting to take the shots. Before I could do this however, I had to prove that I was ready to carry a gun and be safe with it. Two of the most important parts of gun safety is knowing 1.) Where the barrel is pointed at all times and 2.) Whether the gun is loaded.
T.K. and Mike are two redneck guys that make comedy out of hunting videos. They go into the woods and do all of the completely wrong things. They aren’t safe; they act like idiots, yet it is absolutely hilarious. In one of their turkey hunting videos, the guys talk about “hunting safety” and how it is important to always know whether your gun is loaded. Not to ruin the video, but T.K. proceeds to shoot a cameraman in the leg. How is this funny you might ask? Well is all honesty, hunting can be a frustrating sport. It is a grind to get up hours before daylight for weeks at a time only to get outsmarted my mother nature half the time. Though it is extremely satisfying when you win, you are defeated the majority of the time. When times get tough, everyone can appreciate some good humor and after a long day in the turkey woods this hits the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment